Go To Bottom
Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favorites  
Author: Subject: Super Fast Internet for $300...Speed is 2 Gigabytes
JrHagler
Supreme Member

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 7.15.2015 at 01:28 AM
Super Fast Internet for $300...Speed is 2 Gigabytes

http://money.cnn.com/2015/07/14/technology/comcast-internet-price/index.html?...

You could theoretically download an entire music album in three seconds and a feature-length movie in 19 seconds with Comcast Gigabit Pro. You can send data just as quickly. WARNING ALERT!....The start-up costs are high.....like ouch!:wow:
for more information, double click the above address...

Now if you want a more reasonable price internet....Google is expanding a ONE Gigabyte version for 70 bucks.....click on this address below

source: http://money.cnn.com/2014/02/19/technology/google-fiber/?iid=EL
JrHagler
Supreme Member

[*] posted on 7.15.2015 at 01:15 PM
The local version...

another personal note:

After reading both articles I made a phone call to our local cable service here in Las Vegas, Nevada which is Cox Communication. When will we get One or Two Gigabyte of service compared to 50 to 100 megabytes currently now???

12 minutes and three people later I got someone who has a clue. He stated that the process of bringing service to Arizona and Nevada has began some time ago and will be completed in Arizona by August 2015 and Nevada by November 2015.

The company is busy replacing the old copper cable with the "new" fiber optic cable. They are literally pulling the old copper cable out. "Hey, copper IS not a metal you want to throw away".

Cox Cable employee also stated that IF you are an existing customer then you'll already will get a boost to speeds of ONE GIGABYTE for no extra costs. If you're a new customer, then the costs will be $99 a month.

I also mentioned that the "fiber optic cable" been around for over TWO DECADES. Why wait till now????

part of it was cost he stated.

but personally.....I've read that the Obama Administration have been pushing for faster speeds and access to more areas in the USA.

Only thing I can say now is.....Try calling your own service and find out how soon they can connect you to higher speeds and the cost.

Good Luck :wave:
Kamau
Lifetime Member

Mood: SOLAR(always)

[*] posted on 7.15.2015 at 01:58 PM

appreciate the information...it seems like a good thing except the cost is pretty high.

Worshippn' the Original.
JrHagler
Supreme Member

[*] posted on 7.16.2015 at 02:58 PM
about the cost

I've learned yesterday the the local cable provider, Cox Communications do offer a program for school age children...

the catch is....if the child receives free school lunches or family on food stamps and/or section 8 housing....

then you can qualify for a special discount of $9.95 a month.

but that's here in Las Vegas (Cox Cable)....you'll probably need to ask your local internet provider....

Good Luck :wave:
Kamau
Lifetime Member

Mood: SOLAR(always)

[*] posted on 7.16.2015 at 04:10 PM

the article says you could be paying upwards to $1,300...wow! I mean, I don't think they have the average working person in mind with that service. yes, it's fast, but the tag is too pricey.

they say google offers something similar for $70 a month. that may be a feasible option until Comcast can go lower.

Worshippn' the Original.

Go To Top